Feb 7, 2012

Floral Chandelier


I have fallen in love with this chandelier. 
This thing was sooooooo ugly when I bought it at Restore. Straight out of the 70's. Dark brown wood, dark bronze metal, with yellowish lacy looking glass fixtures. 
But all I could see is how the metal looked like flowers.   
 

I spray painted the whole thing with primmer and then sprayed all but the flowers green. then i sprayed the flowers pink. It sat like this for a while.   


Then I decided I wanted to give it a little bling and make the flowers look a little more alive, so I i used a little white pearl-ized glaze and tinted glaze on them.   


I added a cream band to the base of the chandelier. Sanded it, used tinted glaze and polyurethane it.  



I could totally see this hanging in my bathroom, but it would look great in a little girls room or on the porch. You can see this chandelier up close at my booth at Nellie & Nicos

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...