Feb 8, 2012

Vitage Qult Pillow


I purchased this pillow at a garage sale this summer. The woman told me her grandmother had made the quilt and it was falling appart so they had made pillows out of it in the 80's. The pillow was starting to fall apart now.  


The pillow had a 4" muslin ruffle and a lace ruffle too. I cut the lace away and cut the muslin ruffle in half. Then I added the pink ribbon to the outer edge of the pillow.   


There was a hole started in the center of the pillow with part of a doily covering it up. I removed the doily and added this large heart to cover the hole. I bought this fabric at a garage sale the same day I think.    


I added this doily given to me from my mother-in-law and a flower I made from vintage ruffle I purchased at another yard sale. There was another hole starting on the side of the pillow, so I added the piece of doily i had removed earlier and used floss to sew it on and made it secure.  


Doesn't it look great in my Adirondack chair on my porch? To bad I have to put it in my booth. It is @ Nellie & Nicos if you'd like to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...