Jul 18, 2012

I'M BACK

Hi All -

I am finally back to the computer...more like I finally came up for air and took some pictures of what I have been working on. It is really hard for me to remember to take pics...especially before pics. I really need to get better at this. But I do have before pics of the item I want to share today.   

The back story: a few months ago my Aunt finished cleaning out my Grandmothers house at the lake. Grandma is living up here now and we are trying to sell her house to help pay for her care. If anyone is interested in a Lake home @ Grand Lake in Oklahoma click HERE for more details. This home has been in our family for a very long time. I believe my Great Grandfather lived here while my mom was growing up...

Any who, after my other Aunt,cousin, and I when through everything my Aunt gave to me the stuff no one else wanted and that I thought I could sell. SEVERAL boxes of stuff later I have begun cleaning, recycling and up-cycling stuff.

This lamp was one of those items. I remember grandma used to have this lamp in here "Peach" guest room. My favorite room to stay in at the lake.

   
It was kind of difficult to imagine how to up-cycle this lamp. The shade is glass and I couldn't figure out how to get the flowers off of the glass pieces. At first I thought I would adhere fabric to the glass. 

Here is what I came up with. 


 I ended up decoupaging the glass with paper.


I took the lamp apart and primed all the metal. Then I spray painted it this light pink. I then decoupaged every other glass panel with stripes and flowers. I sanded the edges and then lacquered the tops. Then put the lamp back together and Ta-Da a new lamp.   



All ready to sell @ Nellie & Nico's. The lamp should be up there later today with many more goodies I have to share with you this week.   

Hope you have a crafty day - 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...