Jul 25, 2012

Super Hero Stool


I found this scrapbook paper the other day and knew right away what I wanted to do with it.



I love Kids stuff. It can be colorful and outrageous. PLAYFUL! I found this stool at a thrift store a while back and have been waiting for the perfect inspiration to come along. 

And it did.   


I thought, "Why invent the wheel?"  

So instead of painting the graphics on the stool,  I just cut the words out of the paper and adhered them to the top of the stool after it was painted. 



Then I painted stripes on the legs and sanded everything. Finished it off with a tinted glaze and polyurethane it so it could withstand the kiddos playing with it. . 



I so wish my son was young enough to enjoy this stool. Pooh! Guess I will have to sell it.



This piece is up @ Nellie & Nico's if you are interested in seeing it up close and personal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...